Monday, March 24, 2008

easter 2008

believe it or not, the easter bunny found us on easter morning. the boys had no problem spotting their easter baskets and the hidden easter eggs.

owen loved his new crayons, coloring book, little people video, and candy.


hooray...candy for breakfast!

and wesley loved the easter grass, shaking the candy-filled plastic eggs, and eating the wrappers.



the boys looked so handsome at church with their matching orange gingham shirts. it's always so fun to see all the cute little kids in their new easter clothes. i am especially partial to little girls in their easter bonnets...too cute. owen had colored a picture of jesus in nursery and was so excited to show it to us and the first thing he told us was, "jesus has his body!". it made my heart melt. he has some great nursery leaders. and speaking of which...also at church today kevin and i were called to serve in the nursery. owen and wesley will LOVE that! our sacrament meeting was very enjoyable and was filled with some beautiful musical numbers.

after church i had to race to get a picture of us together before the boys (including kevin) started ripping clothes off and devouring candy. this was the best we could get.



we enjoyed a delicious dinner at my mom and dad's. in attendance: my parents, my little family, ben & kaylin & eli, emily & brandon, natalie & her three roommates from school, and my grandpa & his wife shirley. after dinner we were presented with mom's delicious cream pies (banana, coconut, and chocolate) and homemade whipped cream. i tried all three! (;
later that evening kevin's sister, staci, came by with her friend kyle. it was nice to visit with them while they were in town.

a fabulous easter!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jen said...

you guys look so cute!!!!

Elena said...

Oh, what a cute little family. You all look very Eastery!

Elise said...

What a fun day! You look amazing, by the way. Did I tell you that on Saturday night? If not- you do!!

And I LOVE the orange gingham-- so cute!!

sjmiller said...

What a fun Easter!

You guys all look great in your church clothes!

The Manwaring Family said...

Such a cute family pictures! Loved the pictures of Wes and Eli. They will be such great friends!

The Manwarings said...

What handsome boys!! Good luck on your new calling. You are such a sport. That's my dreaded calling and you're so positive!! Way to go.

Kari said...

Awe! Such a cute littel family. I haven't gone to the temple yet. I think I'm going to have to wait b/c my parents went out of town and my mom's the babysitter! Stinkers went skiing for the week. I'll let you know when we go for sure! Love ya!