Friday, April 11, 2008

someone is trying to tell me something

today i had an aha moment as i was folding laundry.

i was pondering all the different stories i had watched on t.v. this week. idol gives back, randy pausch, denise amber lee...and then i pondering my day-to-day life as a mom. lately i was always feeling like my boys were begging for my attention and me feeling like i had more important things to do or feeling like i would rather do something i enjoyed more. why was i feeling this way? because when the boys were wanting to play i was being too selfish to walk away from the computer, or set the magazine down, or close the book, or turn off the television.

so, i have decided that someone is trying to tell me something. set those things down! how you spend every day and every minute is important...especially when you have two little boys who want nothing more than to play with their mom.

SO...all the "unimportant" things (but, me-time things that i enjoy doing) can just wait. they can wait until nap time or 9pm every night when my little boys are asleep and dreaming about all the fun they had that day with their mom and dad.

life is WAY too short for regrets! so bring on the imaginary bears, story books, toy cars, and little people!

so, this was my aha moment that i wanted to share (and remember).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great lesson for us all to remember!

Manwaring Family said...

So true!! Thanks for the reminder :) I actually watched "Alvin & the Chipmunks" with Jaden tonight instead of folding laundry. The laundry will always be there, but Jaden won't always be my little four year old. I love your blog!!

sjmiller said...

I just read Randy Paush's book, "The Last Lecture".

It was a great book! And, it basically tapped everything that you had mentioned!

Life IS too short to not enjoy it, or show people you love them.

Elise said...

So sweet-- thanks for sharing an "a ha" moment. It's hard to remember the important stuff when all of the other stuff gets in the way.