Sunday, April 13, 2008

oh, what a beautiful day!

yesterday was the first gorgeous day of the year and we made the most of it...even though kevin was stuck at the library all day working on his final project. ):

we had company staying with us this weekend (which makes these days even more fun) and so we decided to go to the park for some kite-flying, sliding, soccerball-kicking, fribee-throwing, swinging good times.



owen loved flying his kite...almost as much as the adults.



my cousin tressa taking a turn with the kite. it was so fun having her and her husband spend a couple nights with us.



tressa's other half...jake. he was so great to play with owen and wesley all day. owen just loved having him around.



me and wesley checking out the ducks (and the seagulls...who invited them anyway?!)


we had so much fun, and we all retired to bed that night sunburned and exhausted! LOVE IT!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a perfect weekend. sorry we couldn't join you in the fun. I hope the weather stays like this for a while now.

Jen said...

You look great and the park looks so fun. Today was gorgeous. I can't wait for the weather to stay nice! :) I loved your post about someone trying to tell you something. I am so with you and it was a great reminder. Thanks for posting that.

Unknown said...

You always do fun things with family and I love it! Thanks for your thoughts about prioritizing, I have been feeling like I need to step away from the computer and tend to other things I have neglected. I just love checking your blog, you always create the greatest posts. I miss you!

Steph said...

The picture of you and Wesley is so cute. You are such a great mother. What a beautiful day!!

Elise said...

What a GORGEOUS day! And great pictures, Beck!!