Thursday, April 10, 2008

michael!...WHAT?!


okay, so i know this is a post-show post...but i am going to do it anyway. in fact, i kind of like this idea better because then i don't have to guess wrong every week!

can you believe that michael johns went home tonight?! WHAT?! he has never even been in the bottom three. unbelievable. and to make it even more bitter sweet our dear kristy wasn't even in the bottom three. shocking!

i am a little sad to see michael go. he brought a little something different to the show and i did appreciate that. and his song this week wasn't even that bad. i think his fans all assumed he was totally safe so they didn't vote the way they usually do. that's my guess.

now, for idol gives back. I LOVE THAT SHOW! every season i pull out my box of tissues, grab some treats, and sit back for a few hours of great entertainment and tear jerking video. taking it all in in complete gratitude for everything i have been given. oh i love it! then i donate my widow's mite so i can save a child. last nights show was no exception and i loved every minute of it. well, all except for robin williams and jimmy kimmel. they are funny...but i think they went WAY over board with their people bashing. isn't the show all about making this world a better place? it just seemed weird.

i can't wait to hear what you all thought about it.

ward out. (didn't ryan seacrest use to say "seacrest out." at the end of every show...why doesn't he do it anymore?)

4 comments:

Jill Chatterley said...

So I missed tonights show and I cant believe that Michael is gone. And about Idol Gives Back, I found myself feeling sorry for Simon. I know...who feels sorry for Simon? But all the man boobs jokes were getting mean (don't ya think?)

Chatterley Out!

Elena said...

Jill's comment was HILARIOUS! I love Idol Gives Back night too. I couldn't wait for everyone to go to bed so I could sit in my red chair and bawl my eyes out. Then Jarom came and started watching it with me and I couldn't cry freely. :( LOL! How about Chrish Doughtry in Africa. So good!

And WHAT THE HECK???? MICHAEL JOHNS? I am so sad. Although I knew he wouldn't win, I wasn't ready for him to leave yet.

becky ward said...

jill. i love your comments. you crack me up. i wish i could have meet you two years ago...so we could have been neighbors for longer!

MikeG Family said...

I, too, sat and cried as I watched Idol last night! It's times like this I need to live closer to you so we can watch and cry in peace! It really is such an eye-opener to see these people who live in the terrible circumstances that they do, and to realize how blessed we are to live here. So humbling. And I totally agree with the Jimmy Kimmel and Robyn Williams thing...they got a few laughs out of me, and then they just kept going and going past the point of funny.