Wednesday, August 27, 2008

mom went under the knife

yesterday my mom went under the knife and had her right knee replaced! poor mom! this has been extra stressful for her because she had been through it before with her left knee so she knew what the pain and recovery would be like. now, on the other hand, the rest of us could not have been more thrilled when we heard she was going to get her other knee replaced because we saw how much pain she was in and that all her activities were VERY limited.

we love you mom, and hope you have a speedy recovery! we will all be here to help you with whatever you need.

to your new knee...hip-hip-hooray! hip-hip-hooray!



this is a little box we put together that she can keep by her chair to keep her mind busy.

contains:
a new book...america's hidden history (i thought this book had mom written all over it...untold tales of the first pilgrims, fighting women, and forgotten founders who shaped a nation)
outback steakhouse gift card and to-go menu
6-pack of pepsi (warning: make dad or natalie open these because a few were dropped...sorry!)
a cadbury fruit & nut bar
new aloe socks
intensive foot lotion
almond m&m's
a notebook and fresh pen so you can write down all the things you would like dad and natalie to do for you...that should keep you busy (;
crossword puzzle book
sudoku book


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Rafa and Rosanne said...

I hope your mom gets better quick!That is no fun. You will have to let me know how she likes the book. I have been looking for a book along those lines to read. :) Let me know when you guys decide about going this weekend to Boise or not, Staci is going there too, but if you guys don't I might still come up even with her gone.

Anonymous said...

Cute little package. Thanks for putting it together for all of us. Hope she feels better faster this knee around.

The Manwarings said...

Thanks for letting us know what we got her. That looks great!!

The Manwaring Family said...

Looks great! I'm glad you took a pic!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on the pepsi. I'll give you a call when she wants her feet lotioned.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

I love Cadburt Fruit and Nut bars...Jonathan thinks I'm crazy! Here's to a speedy recovery!!

Miki said...

Sudoku Book! Those rock. Your mom will hopefully be able to take her mind off of her knee for a second or two with that. The surgery just sounds so dreadfully painful. I don't think I want to have one of those done. Do we get to choose?

Here's wishing her better days ahead, because these days must just be barely endurable.

Jennifer P. said...

Hmmmmm.....maybe I should have knee surgery so you could send me such a cute care basket :). So sweet of you! Hope your Mom is making a speedy recovery. Unlike people who have back surgery and say they've never been the same, I hear people coming out of knee surgery say they've never felt better!

Just wanted to say thank you so, so, so much for your kind comment. My divorce is generally something I don't talk about at all except on my blog, so the main source of support I get seems to come from there. Strange, I know, but I'm ok with it :). Anyway, I appreciated your thoughts so much.

Have a great rest of your weekend!