Wednesday, August 06, 2008

memories...

i mentioned that when fred & carolyn arrived from illinois they came bearing gifts, right!? well, let me further enlighten you.

they presented us with 5 storage containers full of kevin's old toys and other memorabilia! kevin was like a little child on christmas...only better because these gifts have memories included.


first up...kevin's letterman jacket from high school. HOT-CHA-CHA! man, i would have loved to have been his girlfriend in high school and wear his jacket around.

then fred pulled out kevin's old bb gun and bow & arrow, which we QUICKLY hid away for a later (MUCH LATER) date.

then, it was time for the toys. he had all sorts of things. transformers, heman, and the favorites...

his micro machine collection


owen and grandpa ward playing with the mico machines.



and his m.a.s.k. toy collection.



do you guys remember these toys? kevin and owen are in HEAVEN!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rafa and Rosanne said...

Owen is so cute!! I am glad he can enjoy all those toys too! :) Mom and Dad told me he even wanted to sleep with the micro machines!

Miki said...

Awwww...toys! I can't believe how well he took care of his stuff! I was the master destroyer of toys...sadly. My poor parents must have thought, "what's wrong with this girl?" I loved taking things apart.

My favorite toys however were trucks! Dirt, yes! My brother and I would play for forever in the dirt in the driveway. Proud, proud parents of their little girl, my poor parents. They must have been suspicious....of ...something! tee hee hee!

It was fun later (high school) to be the tomboy, and have the hugest crush on a certain man....we did some serious hand holding on bus rides to sporting activities.

Awww, my bus rides with the boys (in small school, boys and girls rode together on the same bus to sports activities) were great! Now who knew that being a tomboy would pay off like that? Good old Tonka.

Elena said...

Micro Machines!!! Those were the coolest! What a fun package to open up. Owen and Wes will be in heaven. And woo-woo in your jacket Kev! ;)

jason and michelle clarke said...

WOW tons of toys. How FUN!! They are still in way good condition. Your little guys will probably have so much fun playing w/their daddy's old toys.

The Manwarings said...

Heman, did he have a Shera for you, too? What a fun surprise!

Kristy said...

Becky!! What a cute blog! I am glad you found mine. I love the micro machines...my husband has kept all his too in hopes someday his boys would be playing with them! I guess we should pull them out for his girls!!