Saturday, August 16, 2008

last stop

our last stop was at the lower geyser basin to see the fountain paint pot.


bubbling mud. cool.


me and kev in front of silex spring.


owen in front of silex spring. this is 27 ft deep. isn't it beautiful?

and, on our way out of the park we were lucky enough to see THIS! a buffalo. and he was LARGE. about 30ft away was a stupid kid egging the buffalo on and he was wearing a RED SHIRT! where was his MOTHER?! some kids.



so, we saw LOTS of elk, a buffalo, a bald eagle, and some kind of water rat. our trip was a success...don't you think?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Miki said...

Did you take that picture just for ME!!!!!! WEEEEee.

Okay, nobody gets that excited over a buffalo I guess, but I sure do. Oh how they're my favorite, and I thought that picture of you and Kevin was so cute. The bubbling mud is just cool. I loved watching it when I was there, and it's still fresh in my mind. Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Yellowstone!! Love it, you saw all the cool things there. And I must say you have the cutest family and you look SO good Becky...your one hot chicka!

sjmiller said...

WOW! What a summer you guys have had! I miss being able to just drive up to Yellowstone like we used to be able to do! I love it there!

Looks like you guys had a bunch of fun! (Your family reunion looks like a blast as well!)

Elise said...

Oh, I love Yellowstone! You guys look so cute, and it looks like you had a blast! Buffalos always freak me out a little bit-- they are WAY too comfortable with all of the stupid people. That red-shirted kid was just about to be the next "Boy gets gored by Buffalo" headline!