Monday, August 11, 2008

gmfr comes to an end

just a few more shots from heise...


wesley


anna, justin, ellie, and amber

in the late afternoon we made the trek back to idaho falls to clean-up. then, it was off again to my parents house for hamburgers and hotdogs grilled to perfection by benjamin.

emily and brandon had some great activities planned for all ages. brandon had made four balls of candy by using packing tape and wrapping them into balls. each person took turns rolling the dice and when they rolled a 6 they could try unrolling the ball as quickly as possible to redeem some treats! the kids played two-rounds and then the adults took their turn. i was able to snag ONE piece of candy! but, it was a lot of fun! then we played the flour game (sorry i don't know the names of these games) where you place a dime on top of a mound of flour and take turns shaving flour from the side with a knife. the person that tips the mound over has to dig the dime out with their teeth. so fun! but, of course after a couple rounds this ended in a disastrous flour fight. fun...but, dirty! (;


amber and justin


brandon and emily

once the sun went down brandon presented a video he had created of our family outside with a projector. it was full of great music and pictures that brought a lot of memories. and we all walked away with a copy. thanks for all your hard work brandon!

thanks again brandon and emily! you guys put on a great reunion. now go and enjoy CANCUN (you lucky dogs)!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Elena said...

That flour fight was absolutely hilarious. I had to steal some pictures. I didn't pull my camera out nearly enough this weekend.

Elise said...

What an AWESOME reunion!! I am so jealous! I am way behind on blog comments, so hope you don't mind if I just cram everything into one! ;)

So, first off, I am seriously going to copy this reunion for the DeArtons-- what a GREAT couple of days!! We keep talking about doing a DeArton reunion, but no one has taken the initiative yet, so maybe I'll just do it myself. (That will make everyone mad at me for being bossy again, but what can you do?) Heise looks so fun and I LOVE the candy/tape game idea! Leave it to you Manwarings to pull off such a great time!

Staci looked beautiful on her day-- and your boys were even CUTER! How fun to have some of Kevin's family so close.

I could totally see you wearing Kevin's letter jacket in high school! ;)

I need to come and visit, or you guys should come to Logan! Love you!

Camille said...

I love your family.... will you adopt me already!?!?!?!

ckm said...

What fun ideas!!! I'll have to pass them on to my SIL who is planning our reunion next year. Yippee for Family Reunions!

Oh, Becky what is the website you use for printing the book you made of your blog?

Missing you...
Love
Corin

Miki said...

Oh my goodness! You've blogged so much since I've been gone!

This is weird because I feel like I get to see anything I missed on Elena's blog. It's like a double dose of Manwaring. The flour pictures were hilarious. Everyone had such exhausted, devious, fun faces on. Too funny. These games are "take no prisoner" type games. You've just got to go for it.

You guys are CRAAAZAAAY fun.

Tiff George said...

I just love how your family goes all-out for a lot of different events! This reunion looks like a blast, and I find myself (quite often!) looking at your blog wishing I could join in on all the fun! :)

jason and michelle clarke said...

Looks like you had a great time at your reunion!!

Mandie said...

I was so excited to see that you commented on my blog! I'm pretty new to blogging. It is such a fun way to keep up on what people are doing. I love your cute blog! What a fun family you have, I too will have to steal some of your fun games. Cute family pictures. I hope things are going well for you, thanks for sending me a message!

Stephanie said...

Becky - Thanks for stopping by our blog and saying hi. You've got such a cute family. And is that your long hair? I've only known you with short hair.

Stop by our blog again, it's fun to see what you guys are up to.

Stephanie Leonard