Friday, February 15, 2008

Annual Manwaring Snowmobile Trip

We all survived our Annual Manwaring Snowmobile Trip! Well, that is with the exception of one of the cabins we were staying in.


Becky, Kevin, Owen (Wesley preferred staying inside)

Every year for our trip we stay at The Pines Resort in Island Park. These little cabins are so cozy and convenient. They are in the perfect location in Island Park (near lots of trails and a huge meadow that we love to snowmobile in). We usually rent three cabins to house all 36 of us and go back and forth between cabins. It's a great set-up. But, as you can see in the pictures, the snow pack on the roofs were unbelievable and one of the patio awnings just couldn't take any more and it completely buckled during our first night there. It's a miracle no one was hurt! The cabin occupants ended up moving into a different cabin and we all enjoyed the remainder of our trip...making sure not to enter through the front doors or walk under the awnings.

BEFORE:


AFTER:


Owen had so much fun being with his cousins. Look at all of these adorable frozen faces!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Brandon and Emily said...

I am so glad that I got to come. To bad Brandon couldn't come with me. But thanks for the fun!

Elena said...

Oh GREAT GREAT GREAT pictures!! Yes, PLEASE send me some. I am SO sad I didn't have a camera there. What a fun time we all had. Good job documenting everything.

Elise said...

I'm just going to post on this one, even though I did read all of the others... part IV, right?! It looks like you had SOOOOO much fun! I love the picture of the bingo game, and you guys on the snowmobile, and Wes eating the sheet music, and all of the cute kids in the hot tub. So fun! I'm glad you guys had a great time-- and I'm glad no one was under that roof!!

Kari said...

Looks like you had such a blast! We're totally jealous! It looks like you guys had the best time. Love those family get-togethers.

MikeG Family said...

Wow - that's crazy about the awnings! I'm glad no one got hurt, and that you guys all had so much fun!

Janice said...

Love your Blog!

So glad you are participating in the Hinckley Challenge, way to go!

Love,
Aunt Janice

sjmiller said...

How fun for you guys!!