Tuesday, September 02, 2008

eastern idaho state fair

the eastern idaho state fair opened on saturday. so, after we made our appearance at the reunion we stopped in blackfoot to get our fill of the fair! i go mostly for the food, but it was fun to hit a few rides with owen and play a few games.

owen would have preferred playing games the whole time, but since we bought a bunch of tickets we had to hit a few rides as well.


owen and kevin catching a fish. owen picked a pirate sword for his prize.


owen riding the cars all by himself


wesley LOVED the corn on the cob


and of course, kevin had to try the basketball toss to try to win a HUGE stuffed animal.
no luck this year, but we will try again next year!

we certainly got our fill of the fair on saturday! i am not sure if we will go again before it closes. we will see how ambitious we are.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Elena said...

Fun, fun, fun! I heard on the news last night that they have fried twinkies and candy bars there this year. I SOOOO want to try one of each (plus a Pronto Pup). I hope we get a chance to make it there this year.

Miki said...

Fairs always seem sooo fun, and sooo expensive! I really want to go on the rides. I hate how I get so sick! It sounds like you and Elena could enjoy the food! I'll watch and laugh and you two mmmmmm and oooohh over every bite! So funny. I don't even know what a Pronto Pup is. Do you?

Camille said...

Oh, man! I love the fair! I couldn't remember when it opened, and I didn't dare ask Grandma, because she has a way of getting you to committ to going, even if you really can't! It would be so fun.... but probably won't happen this year. :(

Rafa and Rosanne said...

The fair is always a fun time. I am going to the utah state fair next week for work. :)

sjmiller said...

Do they still have those ads going that they did a long time ago that ask "You goin' to the fair?" If they do, I will laugh, cause then Idaho wouldn't have changed a bit!

This is the fair that Nick and I were able to bottle feed a baby tiger and get our picture taken with it. Do they still have that? THAT was the coolest thing EVER!

Looks like you guys had a fun time, and all the fun games that you played.. wouldn't be a fair without it! Your boys are so cute!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I want to go to the fair, but I don't think it'll happen. Mark is more of a "hang out at home" kind of guy. :)

Dan and Alaina Santry said...

Nice form on the shot bro! Looks like the 'ol 25 tip days when I used to whip ya :)

Lynzee said...

I've been longing for the fair for weeks now and your pictures really bring it to life. I agree with Wesley... corn on the cob is my favorite. (and tiger ears, and candy apples, and funnel cakes, and pronto pups...)
-lynzee