Monday, September 01, 2008

arthur manwaring reunion

being the obedient and supportive child i am , i loaded up my little family saturday afternoon (including kevin's sister rosanne who was visiting for the weekend...what a good sport) and drove to pocatello, id for a family reunion.

the arthur manwaring reunion is only held every other year and is a gathering of all my paternal grandpa's siblings. well, actually none of them are living...but, their descendants. i only knew a hand full of the people there, but i was thankful i attended because i was able to see my dad accept this...



"the spirit of Elijah award"

my dad's cousins presented this award to him (through many tears) to show how incredibly grateful they were for dad's hard work in keeping the family in touch and educated about their ancestors through his "picture of the week" (he sends an email EVERY week to all of the arthur manwaring clan that includes a picture and history or details to go with it), for creating and updating the manwaring family website (with help), and keeping an updated name, phone, address, email, and website address list on everyone and sending out any updates. if anyone in this HUGE family needs to get a message out they always come right to my dad!

thanks for being such a great example dad!

during the family business portion of the reunion they had a little craft area for the kids. they had foam hats and little foam decorations for the hats. owen LOVED making his little pirate hat. he was so proud of it!



i only had two cousins in attendance (becca and tressa). and boy was i glad to see some familiar faces!


tressa and jake...expecting their first baby (boy)!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Camille said...

Yea for you! I thought about dragging your sister up there with me.... but it was her birthday! ;) Miss ya!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

You are a nice supportive daughter!! I went by myself without Jonathan two years back and I remember also LOVING to see the "familiar" faces! We too are VERY grateful for the "picture of the week" from your dad! It has been such a blessing to get to know our ancestors...I espeically our kids to know about them. Your dad is an amazing man for sure!!

Kristy said...

Got to love those big family reunions! That is awesome what your Dad does...he deserves a reward:)

Elena said...

Good for you for going and being supportive. You are a good girl. :)

Manwaring Family said...

I think your blog shows that you are following in your dad's footsteps :) You are ALL amazing!!

sjmiller said...

I have to say after hearing that story about your dad, I am VERY impressed! WOW! That is a lot of work to send out a weekly family picture and tell a story about them. How priceless it will be to have all those stories in a collection! (I hope there is a collection started for all of you guys!)

I love your family, I think they are so neat! (I don't even know all of them!)

The Manwaring Family said...

Wow! You are a great daughter to go to the reunion! :)