Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Hot Choc-o-late!

So, this fall my mother-in-law gave us one of the greatest books. It's called 52 Weeks of Family Night by Tamara Baggett. For anyone one with kids under the age of 5 and having a difficult time with FHE I STRONGLY recommend this little book. It makes FHE so painless and simple. Owen loves it!

Anyway, this past Monday night we had our quick, painless, and simple FHE lesson and then enjoyed some of Kevin's famous hot chocolate while we watched The Polar Express (I love this movie). It made for a really enjoyable evening. And Owen actually sat and watched the entire movie, which gives us hope that we might actually be able to take him to the theater to see a movie. HUGE MILESTONE.


Owen enjoying his hot chocolate.


Cheers!


"Glued" to the television.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owen cracks me up, he is so cute! So what makes Kevin's hot chocolate so famous?

sjmiller said...

I LOVE Polar Express!

We watched it a couple of nights ago, and it still gets me to almost bawl everytime I see that bell! And, the kid getting home to his present, and the tickets.... ok, a lot of the movie... (Maybe a little TMI!)

Your evening sounds like you guys had fun!

And, I am with Laura, what makes Kevins Hot Chocolate so famous?

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea. My kids would love that. We'll have to copy.

The Manwarings said...

How fun! We'll have to try that out. Yum, yum, yum!! Who doesn't love hot chocolate?

becky ward said...

Kevin really does the best Hot Chocolate...but he doesn't have a secret "recipe". He just uses the perfect amount of cocoa, serves it at the perfect drinking temperature, and uses milk ONLY! Deliciousness!

Tamara said...

I was just browsing the internet and came across your post...Funny thing...I am Tamara Baggett and I wrote that book. I am glad you like it and that it is helpful to your family! FHE can be so overwhelming at times and I wrote this for young families like yours who have NO time and whose children have the attention span of a fly. Continue to have FHE and enjoy the book!
Tamara Baggett
South Jordan, Utah