Thursday, November 01, 2007

All Hallowes Eve

A night when all the crazies come out!



We spent the evening in Idaho Falls where most of my family is. Our first stop was to my Mom's (my Dad was gone on a business trip...we missed you Dad) and she made us some spectacular Chili. Then we went to her Trunk or Treat, which was really great. They had hot chocolate, hot dogs, chips, and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts...not to mention all the great candy they were handing out. And, Mom had such a great set-up at her trunk.



Then it was off to Jarom and Elena's house and we went door-to-door in their neighborhood. I didn't even get any great pictures of this, but they were so nice to let us tag along. Wesley and I stayed at the house to help Jarom pass out candy.

Then we hit Ben and Kaylin's house. Ben had a great set-up in front of his house (which he borrowed from my mom's cousin). It was so fun to hang out in his living room and listen to the adults and children scream and cry as Ben would jump out and scare them. He would always catch them when they least expected it (most of the time as they were leaving).



And, it wouldn't be Halloween if we didn't stop at my Grandpa's to get a full-size candy bar and show off our costumes. And last stop was Emily and Brandon's place!

Owen totally scored, and when we got home and put him to bed we dumped out all the goods, took what we loved, threw away what we don't want him to have, and hid the rest. Are we terrible or what? But, he actually totally forgot about his candy until I sat down to do this post and he saw the pictures. OH well! As Elena says, "Just let them eat it all today, puke it up, and let's get over it!"



Happy Halloween! Raise your hand if you are ready for Thanksgiving!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a whirlwind! Bring on Thanksgiving!!!

Anonymous said...

You can only get away with that for so long. So, do it while you can. Soon they will be counting every piece. Ha!

Steph said...

Wow it looks like you guys did a ton of stuff for Halloween!! Cute pictures. Love the one of the pumpkin. Wish I would have taken one like that. Steph

Jonathan & Rachel said...

So fun! Sounds like an eventful night! I can't believe Ben did that-I would have probably wet my pants had I visited his house! I love Halloween! Your boys were darling!

Elise said...

Wow, I can't believe you guys crammed all of that into one night! And good job reminding Owen about his candy-- we've got "Mom, can I have a treat?" happening about every two seconds. Gotta love Halloween!

Your boys looked so CUTE!!

sjmiller said...

I am so with you on the Thanksgiving thing!

Sounds like you had a Halloween Whirlwind like we did! Exhausting and fun!

The kids are adorable in their costumes!