Sunday, November 25, 2007

Hooked on television worked for Owen

Almost every afternoon as Owen is preparing himself for a peaceful slumber he usually will say some pretty funny things amid his tears (I know....I'm a mean mom). Most of the time he starts naming off his cousins, or he will quote songs. But, this afternoon he kept repeating "Help! Help! Ayudarme! Ayudarme!" At first I couldn't believe what I was hearing and so I kept listening and sure enough, he said it again...and again...and again. If anyone watches Dora or Go, Diego, Go! they know that this phrase is used ALOT. I just can't believe Owen has picked up on it. First he learned to count to Ten in Spanish and now he is learning every day words. All I have to say is hooked on television worked for Owen!

4 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

That is so, so funny! The funniest part is that he is saying all of these things as he is falling asleep! Your boys are so sweet! It was fun to see you for a few minutes last Sunday!!

sjmiller said...

That is so funny, cause it's the same for Olivia! She will start saying the same phrase, and a whole bunch of Spanish words, and I have to think where she learned them.

Anonymous said...

Vamanos! Let's go! Too funny.

Elise said...

Hilarious! Owen is just a smart little bilingual boy!

Ugh, now I have that song in my head... come on, vamanos, everybody let's go!