Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"god bless america"

i LOVE independence day! i love the color scheme, i love the fireworks, i love the patriotism, i love that it takes place during the warmest time of the year, and i LOVE the patriotic songs that accompany it! FUN! in fact, i always dreamed of getting married over independence day weekend and having red, white, and blue as my colors and driving off with my husband underneath our own firework show. but, alas, i was married in the cold of november!
anyway, i think a little of my enthusiasm for this holiday has worn off on my little two-year old (who just happens to turn three this month). last year my mom gave him the most adorable book with words to the song god bless america and with the cutest illustrations and owen loves it. he has already memorized the song and walks around singing it through out the day.
i have been trying to record him singing it over the last week so i could post it as soon as july arrived but it's hard to catch him in the right mood and have him be presentable at the same time. so, today while he was in his "pirate hat" and playing pirates he gave me the best rendition of the week, so i am running with it! i hope you enjoy it. and happy independence day!




13 comments:

Nichole said...

he needs to start singing at all the events (rodeos, ball games, church) that was amazing!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

That is the cutest thing ever!! How awesome that he knows all the words!! Way to go Owen!

The Manwaring Family said...

GO OWEN!!! LOVED IT!!!

Anna said...

God bless Owen, America, and everyone! Grandma

Steph said...

That was so cute, You have such a talented little singer. American Idol maybe.....

The Manwarings said...

Oh, so cute!! I love how he has to keep himself busy while he's singing and I'm so impressed that he caught himself and was able to fix the ending!! Way to go, Owen!!

sjmiller said...

Dang it! I have to wait to see the video, but I too love the 4th of July! It's one of my favorite holidays, second only to Christmas. And, I love that it's so close to my (and Owens) birthday!

Glad my fellow birthday buddy has something in common with me! YAY!

How could you not love the 4th of July in Idaho Falls? They seriously put on the best show!

Lisa said...

That is so dang cute!!! I put Kirk on my lap to watch it and we had to see it like 5 times because Kirk was so impressed! Now he wants a turn in the spotlight. Guess I better find a video camera.

Josh & Joni said...

That is so sweet! Doesn't it just make your buttons pop!!

Unknown said...

Impressive!! Good job Owen, and Happy Independence Day!! **clever wedding idea**

sjmiller said...

Ok, just watched the video (yes, very late) but that is ADORABLE!!

What a great capture on video!

Elise said...

This is SOOOOOO cute! I can't believe Owen will be three... time flies way too fast. What a sweet boy he is!