Thursday, June 12, 2008

i miss my camera...

so, who wants an update?! sorry i have been a major slacker. i guess life is lame-o when you don't have your camera around. my camera was shipped on monday so life should be getting a whole lot more exciting next week.

i am going to dig deep and find some interesting items of business:

last month i published my first book. kind of. i went to blurb.com and printed my blog posts from 2006-2007. a lot of work, a lot of time, but totally worth it. i have already started working on 2008.



also, this lousy weather has been putting a major damper on my green belt "running". so, natalie (my baby sis) had the brilliant idea of going to a gym to get a free week trial so we could try out their spinning class. last night we went to the gym to get a trial and two hours and a "nasty deal" (as the general manager put it) later we were suckered into buying a year membership. it was a very entertaining experience!

now, i have NEVER had a gym membership before. i prefer working out in the comfort of my own home or outside. but...i am so excited about this! nat and i went in today and worked under the direction of a personal trainer (two sessions come with the membership) and had so much fun! and we are looking forward to going in tomorrow morning for our first butt-kicking in their spinning class. BRING IT ON! (;

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my laws.... you did it! A gym membership. You'll have to let me know how it goes and if you like it. Thanks for the update. :)

Unknown said...

Work it girl!! Can't wait to hear about all the gym experiences. Also I love the idea of making a book from our blogs. Was is simple to follow and create it? I want to do that too. How does it look when it is printed and put together?

becky ward said...

jen-i don't know if you check back for responses...but, i will leave on here just in case. it is SO easy to create a blog book. they pull all your text and pictures onto a page for you and you can rearrange and style it any way you want. you should do it! we love having ours printed out in a hard-bound book. the print and colors are AMAZING! and the price...not too bad either.

Anonymous said...

Yay for us! I'm getting nervous for our spinning class but am psyched that I don't have to go alone this time. The last time I went to a spinning class I was alone and didn't have anyone to tell my sneaky secret about how I didn't turn up my tension and how much it was kicking my butt. . .sometimes that makes it hurt less. Can't wait!!

Nichole said...

hey becky~you can read one of my past posts by cutting and pasting this link into your browser~~

http://crossleycompound.blogspot.com/2007/12/so-im-doing-whole-medical-workupagain.html

That explains the reason I'm having a surgical procedure to fix all the insides that are major~ly screwed up! Pretty stoked to be turned normal with a couple snips here and there! Thanks for being curious...I only talk about "body" stuff with people who care to ask.

http://crossleycompound.blogspot.com/2007/12/so-im-doing-whole-medical-workupagain.html

Manwaring Family said...

Good for you!! And the whole reason (well, the main reason) I blog is so I can quit feeling guilty that I don't scrapbook, etc. I can't wait to print our blog. I'd love to see yours!
P.S. Did you get my email about getting together? We could go somewhere indoors if this weather never clears up!

Lisa said...

Wow. You are amazing!! Good luck with the gym stuff. And I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.

sjmiller said...

Oh what a good idea! Printing up a blog! WOW! That is the whole reason that I do the blog, so I don't feel guilty about not recording everything that has happened in the past years!

I so need to look into it! Thanks for the suggestion! Wish I lived closer so I could see yours!

Congratulations on your year membership at the gym! Sounds like you and your sister are having a lot of fun together!

sjmiller said...

Oh yeah, what format did you use to print yours up? I like the prices, but I'm wondering what you used, since you like yours so much.

becky ward said...

steph-i used dark room...i think that is what it's called. and i did the smallest size of book (a square). i like the size of it and i don't think i will go bigger.

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey! TEN comments!!! Who you going to pay? ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and....blurb is driving me CRAZY!! It won't let me sign it to do another book. It says my password is invalid. But seeing as how I can log in to my blog, and have printed 2 books with it, I don't think it's invalid. I don't know what to do. I can't get my new book started.

MikeG Family said...

Good for you! I find that I am WAY more inclined to stick with something like going to the gym if I have someone to do it with me. And I'm more motivated, too. Good luck, and happy workouts!

Lisa said...

how many pages are in your blog book? i wanna see it the next time we come visit. i probably need some more blog entries before I can start organizing a blog book for myself.