Sunday, June 22, 2008

i did a 5k!

shocking...i know! my friend steph has been in idaho falls visiting this week from boise, id and she called me while i was in logan on friday and asked me if i wanted to run a 5k with her the next morning. i have NEVER ran in a race and actually only started "running" (if you can call it that) this spring. her father-in-law had a team put together but two ladies pulled out at the last minute so he was looking for some bodies to fill it. so, we agreed to be those bodies! and...i can honestly say that i couldn't have thought of a better way to spend my saturday morning.

steph and i basically just had the goal of not finishing last and to not take more than 45 minutes (pathetic, i know). we achieved both goals...finishing the race in 36:12. we have a lot of room for improvement but gave ourselves an 'A' for our effort! we weren't really racing, we were just pacing and hoping to be able to jog the entire time.

since kevin was in pocatello taking his npte test that morning (by the way, he should have his test results in 2 weeks) my parents were kind enough to haul the boys around the green belt while we were racing and even managed to take a few pictures. thanks mom and dad!



me and steph before the race. the sun was BRIGHT!



me and steph trotting along...with only 1/2 a mile to go. (man, i need a tan!)

the race was so fun and felt so good that we plan on doing it again and again. maybe next year we can do the 10k.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I'm very proud of you. Keep it up.

Jill Chatterley said...

Im totaly inspired. Next time you do one I want to try with you. I can't run at all but nows the time to start trying. Good for you!

Brandon and Emily said...

Very impressive Becky!! Looks like you had a good time in Logan as well. There's nothing better than the summer!!!

MikeG Family said...

You inspire me to get healthier and start being more active - way to go Becky! Glad you had so much fun doing it, too!

Lisa said...

You look like you're having a fun summer!!! :) You're boys are so grown up I can't stand it. Hope life's treating you well. By the way - congrats on the race!

Unknown said...

You are such a role model!! I am so proud of you for doing a 5k! Now you can say you have done one. :) Way to go, and I will be a white girl with you! I still don't have a tan and I live in TEXAS!! haha

Elise said...

I can't believe I didn't even know about this! That is awesome-- and your time is WAY better than my first 5K!! I'm so glad you guys had so much fun!

The Iowa Ross Family said...

Good Job, doesn't it just feel so good to have done that! I want to run another one!