Sunday, January 27, 2008

We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet


Our beloved prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away tonight at the age of 97. My heart is full of emotion! I can't imagine there was/is a single person who knew President Hinckley that didn't love him!


President Hinckley will always hold a dear place in my heart! I truly admired his zest for life and his dedication to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's work! I am so grateful for his service. I can't help but smile knowing that he is reunited with his beautiful wife whom he yearned for and will enjoy some much needed rest...I think he has earned at least a few minutes. (;

One of my favorite hymns sums it up completely!

We thank thee, O God, for a prophet
To guide us in these latter days.
We thank thee for sending the gospel
To lighten our minds with its rays.
We thank thee for every blessing
Bestowed by thy bounteous hand.
We feel it a pleasure to serve thee
And love to obey thy command.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for that Becky.

Elena said...

Yes, he was truly a remarkable man. I miss him already.

Kari said...

I love this. Pres. Hinkley was such an amzaing me. This was perfect. Thank you for doing this.

Elise said...

This is a really sweet tribute, Becky! I've always been grateful that you and I share the same beliefs.

Unknown said...

Thank you, he is the prophet I remember the most, and I too am happy he is with his wife and parents once again.