Monday, January 14, 2008

Extreme Makeover: Bed Edition

Since Kevin and I purchased our first bed 5 years ago we have been counting down the days until we could get a new one. Seriously...our bed was that bad! So, when we decided to move to Idaho Falls into an apartment with a "spare" bedroom we started looking at new beds.

After a month of looking we found Kevin's dream bed, and after nearly two months of looking we found some awesome bedding (thanks for your help Mom!)! I can't believe how hard it is to find bedding that we like. Does anyone else have this problem? My mom ended up taking me to Dillard's where they have their name brand bedding at 75% off. It was a steal. And I love the pattern and colors. Let me know what you think.


BEFORE


AFTER

What an upgrade, right? I have always told Kevin that when our kids get married I am going to give them the following advice: spare no expense on a nice bed, and don't just buy the couch...buy the entire set (nothing worse than buying a couch with the intent of buying the love set and chair later and than finding out that they don't sell it anymore).
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! That's great advice. You crack me up, but it's so true. I LOVE the new bedding. VERY cute!! Hooray for a good night's sleep! (Elise was the impropver use of an apostraphe?)

Jonathan & Rachel said...

There is NOTHING like a king size! We just upgraded this year as well-I've never slept better! Also, love the bedding-how fun!

sjmiller said...

That is great advice! I couldn't agree with you more!

Love the upgrade!

Jen said...

Love the upgrade! Nick and I finally got new bedding too. I love it...we need to get a new mattress though! :)

Unknown said...

Oh Becky I miss you, The bed looks FANTASTIC!! Good taste. We just bought new bedding (the 4 years old stuff is looking a bit shabby) and I can't wait to put in on our bed.

Kari said...

Your new bedding is gorgeous! I really LOVE the colors. We are so happy for you1 There is nothing like a new bed and nothing better than excellent bedding. That is the one area that I definitely SPLURGE on. I have to have the best. After all, that's where you spend half of your day, right?

The Manwarings said...

The girls said, "That's a really cute bed, mom. Ya, it looks like Vera Bradley!" We're excited for you. There's nothing better than loving your bedroom.

Elise said...

Oooh, good advice-- especially about the bed. We did the same thing and regretted it for way too long. Although, there's nothing like a crappy bed to make you appreciate a nice one! I LOVE your bedspread, too-- very YOU.

MikeG Family said...

Oh it looks fabulous! You've got great taste...I love the bedding! We finally got a new king size bed when I was about 6 months pregnant with Braiden...I had had it with being so uncomfortable! And it actually made a big difference, even though I quickly hit the "uncomfortable" stage of pregnancy soon after. New beds are the best!