Thursday, December 06, 2007

Our new place

Things are getting back to normal so I thought I would post a little blog to show you all the things I love about our new apartment. We couldn't be more pleased.

But, first I have to tell my friends in Pocatello how much I miss them. It's nice to have neighbors that you feel you can call or stop in on when ever you feel like company. It's going to be awhile before I have that here in my new "neighborhood" so PLEASE come and see us soon!

Alright, back to the positive things about moving.

In the five years that we have been married I have never had a washer and dryer. Up until this week I was always taking our laundry to a laundry mat or to my mom's. So I couldn't be more thrilled about having washer and dryer hook-ups in our new place. On Black Friday I went and bought a set at Best Buy for $500. They aren't top of the line by any means but I LOVE THEM! These two babies are my pride and joy right now. I have never been more excited to do a load of laundry. I know...how pathetic am I?





We love the vaulted ceilings, the extra bedroom, extra bathroom, and the bay windows in the "dining room". So fun!



I also really love the cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom.



There you have it! A quick tour of our new apartment. We are really enjoying the extra space and the location and we are ready for visitors!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything is looking so great! It looks like a cozy little home now. I love it. I need to come see it without all the boxes now. And hopefully your luck with making friends will be better than mine. We've been here 2 1/2 years now, and I still miss my Nampa neighbors! :( (Note: I am trying not to outrightly dis my new neighbors.) :)

Brandon and Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandon and Emily said...

Your apartment looks really cute! I am jealous of your NEW washer and dryer.

Brandon and Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elise said...

So cute! It's amazing that you're already moved in, but I knew you'd be fast. I can't wait to come and see your new place!!

Also, hello-- you are not crazy to be in love with your washer and dryer. FIVE YEARS without them is a mighty long penance to pay-- you deserve to love them as much as you want!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

How fun! It all looks so great! I bet you are so glad to be finally settled! It's fun to read all of your new posts-glad your back!

Lisa said...

Did I tell you that I miss you? I think Jill and I will come visit you next week! :) Hopefully!

MikeG Family said...

Oh I love the new place! I'm glad you're settling in. It's always nice to unpack the last boxes and really feel like you're home. And it's so nice to have a washer & dryer of your own. Oh the things we long for as a mother! 5 years ago, my wish list would be so different than it is now!

Unknown said...

You always have the cutest decorated place. Congrats on the new W/D, I look forward to the day we get our own. Good luck in IF and you two will make friends before you know it. You have two cute boys to help you too!

Jen said...

Your apartment looks so cute! I love it. I love your kitchen table!

Kari said...

Isn't getting that first washer/dryer heaven!? I don't know how we mom's can go without for so long. I guess you just don't know what you're missing until you finally get them. Love the new place too!