Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Vacation-Part I

Our Christmas Vacation actually started in Salt Lake City, UT on the 21st. Most of my family decided to get together in SLC since we wouldn't see over one during Christmas. So we rented some hotel rooms and spent Friday night together. This also worked out well since all of my brothers and two of my brothers-in-law were heading to Las Vegas bright and early the next morning for the BYU bowl game.

We caught up with everyone at Temple Square. The lights were wonderful, but it was WAY too cold. Then we went to the hotel to "warm-up" in the pool...but the pool wasn't warm enough for Wesley's liking and the hot tub was TOO hot we opted for a warm bath instead. After ordering Olive Garden to go everyone one met up in the hotel room Kevin and I were sharing with my parents and had them open their gift from all of us (our annual family calendar).

Before we headed off our separate ways Saturday morning we all met for breakfast at Village Inn. It was nice to spend some holiday time with my family.



Since we had some time to kill before Kevin's family would all be gathering in Provo, UT for Christmas we decided to check out The Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy, UT with Elena (my sister-in-law) and her four kids.

We had a lot of fun checking out all the fish, rays, sharks, and octopus. I even touched a few things I would have never imagined touching. We all had fun! So much fun that we decided we would brave the mall on the last Saturday before Christmas. Bad idea! I mostly wanted to go so I could get a white blouse for me, shoes for Wes, and see Santa. I did accomplish the first two items, but Santa was WAY TOO busy. Oh well!

We parted ways with Elena and then headed to Cabela's in Lehi, UT. It's always fun to stop by there to check out the "wild life"... AND THEN it was off to Provo, UT until the 26th.

Left to Right:
Row 1-Carter "driving" the boat; posing next to the octopus who was giving us quite the show; Kevin and Owen checking out the sharks
Row 2-Becky and Wes at the ray touch pool (very slimy critters); Alyssa, Halle, Carter, Owen, and Kate; Kate peeking out of the rocks; octopus-first time we passed him was at the bottom of the tank in a little ball so it was fun to see him stretch out; checking out the sharks; Owen "driving" the boat
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys got some great shots at the aquarium! Thanks for coming with us, it was nice to have someone to talk to while we waited for the time to pass.