Monday, December 17, 2007

A night of food, fun, more food, and more fun!

Friday night was our annual Manwaring Christmas Progressive Dinner. When I think of Christmas this tops the list of traditions. I really look forward to this night.

We started the night out with appetizers in Blackfoot at Justin and Amber's. They served us deep fried ravioli with marinara sauce, a veggie tray, and spinach/artichoke dip with bread. It was so delicious! I had to stop myself from filling up on it's goodness.


Then we hopped in the car and drove to Shelley where Brandon and Emily served us Grinch Punch, a lemonade slush type drink complete with sugared rims. They turned on "grinchy" on us by playing Grinch music, they had a Grinch themed tree, and they even had their dog Addie wearing her reindeer antlers. Brandon read "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" and all the kids LOVED it.







Next stop was in Idaho Falls at Jarom and Elena's house. Elena stewed up some Baked Potato Soup complete with bacon bits and cheese on top. It was just the right thing to warm us up. Then we had the most adorable nativity put on by all of the cousins on their new stage in the basement (Thanks for putting it together Nat!). Owen insisted on being a king on a donkey. And Wesley was a shepherd.







Next stop, our place for jello cups. I was in charge of the salad and made layered jello cups garnished with cool whip and a cherry on top. Don't you love how every one's tree is like 3 ft. taller than ours! Ahh, maybe next year.





















Then it was time for the main course at my Mom and Dad's. A pork loin roast, rice with cranberries and pine nuts, and rolls! It was so yummy!




And the final stop was at Ben and Kaylin's for dessert. She served a chocolate torte cake with peppermint ice cream.


What a night! Only homes we didn't hit were Katie and Melissa's who both live in Utah. And we were all thinking about and missing them.

Thanks for a fun night everyone!

11 comments:

Elena said...

I'm so glad you got a shot of your jello cups. They were so cute and little Wesley....what a doll.

sjmiller said...

I LOVE this traditon that you have! It's so fun! And, you get pictures by everyone with their trees.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!

Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, its okay that your tree is short. At least it's not leaning like mine! My tree looks like it's about to tip over in this picture.

Lisa said...

This looks like so much fun! Makes me wish my family did something like it! And yeah, we miss you, too. Kirk wants so bad to play in the snow with Owen. He'll say "Mom, Owen's at his new house, right? He can't play in the snow." And then he gets pouty and sad! We miss you!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

How fun! It all sounds so yummy-I love your little shephard-those eyes!!!

The Manwarings said...

Next year I'll stand in the picture with you so it looks like you guys are just really tall like your tree.

That was a fun night, though. I think it was the best yet!!

Katie said...

What a fun tradition! I wish we could do that with our family, but unfortunately we don't live close enough! It would be a 2 course meal, with only Camille living in the area now. Your family picture is cute and I love the shot of you with the jello cups!

Elise said...

Your jello cups look awesome! I love that you guys do this-- so fun! Will we see you on the 26th maybe?

Unknown said...

That is an awesome tradition! I would love to start that someday with our family. Have a fun holiday and know that we miss you guys.

Unknown said...

That is an awesome tradition! I would love to start that someday with our family. Have a fun holiday and know that we miss you guys.

MikeG Family said...

Wow - sounds like a blast! My family is all spread out, but it would be so fun if we could do something like this, too. Thanks for sharing!