Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fair Days

As is tradition, on Labor Day my family went to the Eastern Idaho State Fair in Blackfoot, ID (about 25 minutes north of Pocatello). This year we went with my parents, Natalie (my sis), Alyssa (Jarom and Elena's daughter), and Brandon & Emily (brother-in-law and sister). We made a day of it and arrived in time to enjoy some lunch and left late enough to enjoy some dinner. I crave the food from the Fair all year long!


Dad, Nat, Alyssa, Mom; Alyssa and Nat; Me and Owen; Wesley

After eating lunch and feeling quite rejuvenated we headed for all the commercial buildings and barns (this year they had an 800lb pig).


Owen and Alyssa watching the horse races; Mom, Nat, Me, and Emily; Alyssa the lamb; Owen wearing the famous Culligan hat

Then it was time for the rides (an expensive necessity). Owen went on the Merry-Go-Round (which he LOVED) and also a little train. Alyssa was so nice to ride along with him. We also had to give the basketball game a shot since Kevin was so successful at it last year...but, after $10 and no baskets we decided to move on (we will try again next year).


Owen and Kevin on the Merry-Go-Round; Owen, Kevin, and Alyssa on the train; Owen and Alyssa; Kevin trying to make a winning basket.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Elise said...

I'm sorry we missed the fair-- and seeing you in Poky. Next time we're there, we need to get you guys to come to Kristie's.

It looks like you had a great time!

Chandler and Angie said...

Hi Becky - I know you don't know me very well, but I have to know how you do your really cute picture things.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

I agree, fair food is the BEST. The worst part is trying to figure out a way to eat everything you want to before getting full. Your boys look so cute!!

Elena said...

How fun! Thanks for letting ALyssa tag-along. I know she enjoyed it. I am bummed that I missed my annual Tiger's Ear, but there's always next year!