Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A little bit of Idaho & Hawaii all in the same day

Saturday was "Spud Day" in Shelley, Idaho (a small town about 45 miles north of Pocatello). We decided to swing by this year since my brother-in-law (Brandon) is from there and can't say enough good things about "Spud Day". When we arrived I felt like I was intruding on someones family reunion...everyone knew EVERYONE! It was fun to walk around and enjoy some tasty food but we didn't stay too long since it was hot and the place was PACKED. Although, we did find time to get Owen on a little train ride. It was only $1 to ride and he had the time of his life! Thanks Brandon and Emily for giving us small taste of Shelley.



Then it was off to Idaho Falls for a little BYU football shin-dig. My brother and sister-in-law (Jarom and Elena) are kind/crazy enough to host a themed party/potluck for each BYU game this season (since Jarom is the only one that gets the Versus channel). This Saturday we had a Luau theme, which was very appropriate since they had just returned from a Hawaiian Cruise. We had a great time with great food (Hawaiian Haystacks, Tropical Party Punch, Pineapple Cake, and other "Hawaiian" delectables). It made for a great evening...even though I didn't even watch the game. Thanks for the fun evening everyone!


Kate-our real Hawaiian; Owen, Ogden, and Carter; Owen showing off his Hawaiian dish
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

I also LOVE spud day! I went to high school in Shelley and was even in the Ms Russet pagent...needless to say, I didn't win. I did however get to ride in the parade as Ms Congeniality! The Hawaiian party also looked like tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

What a fun night we had. I can't stop thinking about those stinkin' bead dolls. Every night before I fall asleep I think a new cute design that I should have made. Thanks for all the cute Laua decor, it made the night WAY fun!

The Manwarings said...

Holy cow!! Only 1 dollar for a ride. Forget the fair, I'm taking my kids to spud days next year and going on that lawnmower train 20 times. Looks like fun. What a fun night!

Elise said...

So fun! You guys always find such great stuff to do!