Sunday, July 01, 2007

Wesley's Blessing Day

Today was Wesley's blessing day. These kinds of occasions are so much fun! It's so nice to be surrounded by family and friends. All of my siblings were able to make it except for Melissa (she was hosting a Murdoch family reunion this weekend...and she was missed), and my parents, and both of my grandmothers.



I was so nervous about Wesley crying during the blessing, but I really wasn't prepared when both Owen and Wes started crying. Luckily, I only missed the first part of the blessing and then my sister, Katie, took Owen out in the hall so I could hear the latter part. Through it all Kevin was able to stay calm and collected and gave Wesley a beautiful blessing. It wasn't until after the blessing that I realized two of my brothers weren't able to make it in time. What a bummer!

After sacrament meeting we all went to a local park and had some sandwiches, salads, and LOTS of desserts. The weather was perfect and we had an enjoyable time chatting and eating (two of our favorite things).


Emily and Brandon; Carter and Owen; Amber and Justin; Kaylin and Ben; Mom and Dad; Katie and Chris; Jarom trying to look taller than Ben; my grandmothers; Kaylin and Nat


Anna; Jarom-Elena says he can fall asleep anywhere...now we know where Carter gets it from; Gabby; Carter and Owen; Sam, Megan and Alyssa; Ogden; Dad-we all know he can fall asleep anywhere; Alex; Owen
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elise said...

What a fun day! I am so sad that we couldn't make it... stupid Sunday School class...

You look so beautiful! And what a fun family! I wish we could have been there to fall asleep, too!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Bec,
It loks like you all had a great time. And I was so bummed that I couldn't make it. But I was thinking of your cute little family.
Melissa