Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Independence Day!


Owen and Wesley

Well, another holiday has come and gone. But, we did get a lot of fun in celebrating the last few days. Tuesday night a few of us (my parents, Ben & Kaylin, and my little family) decided to go camping at Wolverine (about an hour drive from Poky). Justin, Amber, and their family came and enjoyed the camp fire then drove back home to sleep.

After we had been there about 10 minutes Owen was completely covered in dirt and decided he wanted to cool off and play in the spring that ran through the campsite. It didn't take long for Owen and his cousins to become little mud buddies. What a mess! But, they had a good time...and that's what matters. Right!?



Everyone was pleased to discover that I had actually spent the entire night in the tent. I was a little surprised myself. I took comfort in knowing Ben's dog was close by and that my dad's snoring would keep any animals away that night.

In the morning Ben made us a great breakfast (pancakes, bacon, hash browns, and eggs) and then we loaded up and headed home to clean up.

We spent the rest of the day in Idaho Falls at my parents house. Kevin was able to catch a matinee with Ben (he must have a REALLY nice wife) while Owen, Wes, and I stayed at my mom's. Owen had a great time playing in her little kiddie pool ALL DAY LONG. Later that evening my mom put together a great BBQ and the Melaleuca Freedom Celebration (firework show) was even bigger and better than years past. I love fireworks and patriotic music! But, I couldn't help getting a little jealous knowing that my brother Ben, his wife Kaylin, my sister Natalie, and her friend Jamie where in the little plane we could all see circling the sky during the entire firework show thanks to my cousin Jeremy (who had recently got his pilot license and purchased a plane). Luckies!



Look at this happy baby! He is growing up too fast.


Owen with his hat and ball ready to have some fun with his dad.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Elise said...

What a fun day! I'm sad we didn't run into you guys. Those fireworks were awesome this year!

And congrats on sleeping in a tent all night!!

Elena said...

Wow! I didn't know they all went in the plane. That sounds like a good time.

I must add my congrats to a FULL night in your tent. Way to go Becky!!!!

The Manwarings said...

I love the picture of Wes and Owen. Wes looks like he's 6 months old in that cute shirt. What handsome little boys.

sjmiller said...

I miss the Melalueca fireworks every 4th of July.

I think we will have to make a trip up to Idaho Falls one of these coming years, just to see them again.

Glad you had such a fun day, and I'm glad you made the accomplishment of sleeping a full night in a tent!