Monday, June 25, 2007

Adventures in Utah

Thursday night the boys and I drove to Logan, Utah to spend the weekend with my sister, Katie, and her family. We left Kevin at home so that he could work on his final project for school (a draft was due today). It was so fun to be able to get out of Pocatello and spend time with family.

On Friday we drove to Salt Lake and met up with Melissa and her boys at Hogle Zoo. I must give props to all mothers who take on this adventure with kids and no spouse. It's a lot of work and I only have two kids (and one was strapped onto me the whole time). We did have a good time and we were even able to get seats to see the elephant show. After the show we went to TGI Fridays for lunch.


Owen with Aunt Melissa

Then on Saturday we spent most of the day outside. We were able to sneak a little bit of shopping in and went to a park. We had great plans of dinner and a movie (Alex was going to babysit for us)...until Owen fell off his chair and put his tooth through his lip. Good thing Katie was there! I didn't know what to do and ended up in tears on the way to the ER while Owen (he was asking me "you okay mom?") and Katie were trying to comfort me. But, once we got to the hospital I was able to gain composure and be the "mom" again. After three hours, two phone calls to Kevin, two stitches, and two Popsicles we were back at Katie's and ready for bed.


Owen's wound.


Owen and his band aid.


Two stitches. He was so brave.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!! I think you forgot to mention a few things to me on the phone!! YIKES! I can't believe he got stitches, poor little man.

Elise said...

Poor Owen-- he is such a brave boy! It was fun to see you for a few minutes!!