Tuesday, December 28, 2010

THE sheet and the joy

kevin let me put "THE sheet" up again. I LOVE doing that.



when i was living at home (note: i didn't say 'when i was a little girl...because we ALWAYS did this...in fact, i believe they put the sheet up this year for my 25 & 26 year old sisters that were visiting for christmas) my parents always put the sheet up in the hallway so we couldn't escape and enjoy our gifts without them. sometimes my dad would sleep at the bottom of the sheet as a barricade and to trap us when we tried to escape. WE LOVED IT! and other times he would lay something down at the bottom of the sheet to make us think it was him sleeping there when he was actually sawing logs in his bed. it was great times! we always thought we were so sneaky when we successfully sent a sibling out and they returned to report the GOODS. anyway, i loved this tradition. so kevin is letting me keep it alive in our home.


our boys don't try to break out...yet. but, they did get an eye full before we took the sheet down (i pin it to the wall so it's not too easy to peek through).


"when are you going to let us out of here!?"


the joy after they broke out.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Camille said...

I love the sheet! That was one of our favorite things at Christmas time too. Louis pretty much thinks I'm crazy, so we've never hung one, but maybe it's not too late....

ckm said...

How fun! What a great tradition! My brother-in-law's family set up booby traps when he was growing up. I think he still does that to his kids ... not sure if they did this year since he is in Afghanistan.