Thursday, December 02, 2010

"feed the hungry" race

oh.my.word! this year for thanksgiving kevin and i hosted most of his family at our home. and we wanted to start a tradition of running the race in our city thanksgiving morning. so...we invited his family to join us by donating to the local food bank and running in the race thanksgiving morning.

well, when thanksgiving morning arrived it was a whopping 1 degree outside. but, we all still went and ran our race. once we started the cold wasn't too bad. we were actually HOT when we finished. but, it didnt take long to "cool off" again. BRRR!



the racers: sam (kevin's brother), staci (kevin's sister), fred (kevin's dad), me, and kevin


a lot of people were crossing the finish line with frosted eyelashes or facial hair. i loved kevin's lashes after the race!

kevin stuck by me and we ran the 5k together. i can't find our race results but i'm pretty sure it was my fastest 5k yet. we shall see.


staci finished the race with fred.


enjoying some hot chocolate after the race. i guess some of my hair did get a little frosted.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! You guys are amazing! You are my hero!

Brandon and Emily said...

Props to you all for running in the cold!

Elena said...

SHEESH! I can't believe the frost! You guys are nutso's and oh so brave to do that. Way to go!!