Monday, March 09, 2009

annual snowmobile trip


another successful snowmobile trip with no injuries! tuesday afternoon we packed up and headed to island park with my family for a three-night stay at The Pines. when we arrived the snow was a slushy mess but it didn't take long for it to freeze up again and for more snow to come. i think it snowed every day we were there. in fact, friday morning we woke up to about 6 inches of new snow. so much fun!

things that i LOVE about this trip:
for the four days we are there i only have to cook one meal
we eat LOTS of good food
we play lots of fun games
hot tubs
playing outside
being with my entire family
relaxing in beautiful cabins amongst beautiful scenery

this year we shared a cabin with my parents and the murdoch's. owen loved being in a cabin with melissa's four boys!

wednesday we played in the nearby meadow with the snowmobiles and sleds/tubes. this was the first and last time that i got on a snowmobile during our trip. i was just more comfortable inside this year!


wesley LOVED being outside and spent every second he could in the snow. every time we moved to a different cabin for a meal we knew we would have to TOTALLY bundle him up and plan on spending extra time outside on the way there and back. he really loved it. and he also enjoyed eating it!


elena


dad


natalie playing in the snow
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

I really admire how much you do with your family! I think it is so great! If I lived close to mine, we would be the same way!

Camille said...

I love your dad's smile. every time I see it I start chuckling. I love your family!!!