Monday, January 26, 2009

backyard fun II

in the very south end of our yard we have a portion that isn't fenced and that is where all the extra dirt was pushed to. the dirt isn't actually on our yard, but close enough. well, it makes the PERFECT sledding hill for two little boys. and...to be completely honest...kevin and i took a few runs down it and had a jolly time!


the boys making their way to the snow hill.



not the best pictures...but you get the idea. kevin and owen.


kevin and wesley. wesley REALLY enjoyed this!


my frozen little wes-a-bug!

afterwards, we came inside for a nice hot mug of cocoa!
what a great afternoon! it's so fun to have daddy home on a saturday like this.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Brenda said...

That was great snow! My little boy was in and out all day, and that made for a lot of snow clothes going on and off! Maybe I am ready for summer:) Love the little sledding hill, maybe I will have to send Aaron and Carson over!

Miki said...

I miss snow like that. That snowman was awesome! HUGE...just the way I like to do it too. I was just watching the news tonight, and Scott Dorval was talking about the snow that got dumped your way today...and more to come if I remember right?

CHEERS!! We like lots and lots of fresh water being stored in those mountains.

Elena said...

You're good parents. I've promised myself that I will get out and play atleast ONCE this winter with my kids. I'm so awful. Maybe we should come play on your hill. But not today, -15 doesn't sound fun to me at all. :)

Rafa and Rosanne said...

Looks like lots of fun!! Wish I could have been there to play. :) Fun fun fun

The Manwaring Family said...

How fun to be right next to your WARM house! I love sledding and playing in the snow!

Brandon and Emily said...

What a great saturday activity! Can't beat having your own sledding hill either! Cute pics of the boys!

Kristy said...

What a perfect sledding hill! I love to go sledding when there is a warm house near by and hot cocoa waiting...looks fun!

Josh & Joni said...

I haven't been commenting lately, but I can't resist - CONGRATULIONS!! Looks like life is GREAT! We are so happy for you :)You're getting closer to FIVE!!

The Wright Family said...

That looks like so much fun! I love winter just for reasons like that!