Thursday, January 22, 2009

to say i've let myself go would be an understatement

okay, you beggars! (; i will do an update on my blog.

it's hard to blog when i really haven't been up to too much. and i mean that in every way.

i have stopped doing my hair...makeup is optional...i have laundry constantly nagging me to put it away...i took a three week break from the gym (BAD IDEA)...and i have been eating whatever i want.

i know that being pregnant warrants me to some of this...but i need to kick it in gear.

on a brighter note, i have had more energy the last few days so i am hoping to get back in the swing of things before the weekend comes. we shall see! i am proud to report that right now i am dressed, my hair is done, i have makeup on, the laundry is put away, i baked cookies, cleaned the bathrooms, and yesterday i did 30 minutes of cardio. see...i told you will be back before the weekend comes.

alright, so for updates. two weeks ago all three of kevin's sisters paid us a visit. we did feel quite privileged as one of them traveled all the way from COLORADO. it was fun to spend time with them and see them together.


staci and laura enjoying some ice cream (a staple in my fridge lately)


rosanne, staci, and laura

the boys LOVE their aunts and all the love and attention they shower them with. i thought this picture was so cute of wesley bonding with aunt laura.



also, three weeks ago kevin and i purchased our first vehicle together. we both had cars before we meet and we have been making due with both of them for the past six years. but, for the last several months kevin has been keeping a close watch on autotrader.com and found a beautiful honda pilot in rigby, id (it's hard to find used pilots around here). we took it for a test drive and then drove it right home. and we have LOVED IT! i feel silly taking a picture of it but i found one online that looks EXACTLY like it so i will share that with you.



it's so fun to be in an SUV. owen adores it and refers to it as "the new honda pilot". he has even been begging to sleep in it, but we are trying to hold off on the request until the summer! (:
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Lisa said...

i've been doing alotta nothing too, but i don't have any excuses like you do. i'm just really lazy these days. i bet it felt good to get alot done today. congrats on the "new Honda Pilot." it looks WAY nice! maybe sam & i could get a ride in it someday (i'd love an SUV, but sam says NEVER. we'll see about that).

SueAnn said...

Congrats on the new car, it is always fun to get some new wheels!!

Nichole said...

OMG we bought our first SUV Kia Sorento. LOVE IT!!!!!! I will never go back~enjoy the good life in our little SUV community

Miki said...

What does it mean that since I too, have not been doing make-up, laundry, or keeping up with the dirty, dirty bathrooms?

Well...since I know I'm not pregnant, what's my excuse?

I hope you just enjoy yourself. TOTALLY understandable, and will look forward to a post when your strength and energy deem it doable.

Good luck and awesome SUV. Doesn't it feel good?

Tiff George said...

I think you have every reason in the world to be slacking in life...pregnancy is a big deal! And I LOVE your new honda pilot! My sister has one, and it is her absolute favorite thing now. I hope you continue to feel good!

Rafa and Rosanne said...

Yeah for the update! Glad to hear you guys are doing well. Your new car is really great! I am glad you are getting back into the swing of things. I feel like I am dying with all my running, but I do rest most days in between my runs. Hopefully I will get back up there in the next few weeks. I was looking for the next 3 day weekend and its presidents day which means valentines day falls on that weekend but maybe I could still come up and babysit that night for you and kevin to go out. :)

Elena said...

Hooray! An update. I quit doing my hair too, what does that say about me since I'm not pregnant? I think it's winter blues. :) Cute, cute car and fun sister pics.

Jen said...

Yay for the new car! That is awesome. And, it has been a while since I checked your blog...I had NO IDEA you are pregnant! COngratulations! That is amazing. I am so happy for you and can't wait to read all the updates!

Laura Ward said...

Yay an update from Becky! I am doing better on my blog these days than you (smirk). Although my blog is nothing about me, it's only about Kimball and Simon these days.

Thanks for letting us crash your house. It sure was good to see you and the boys and get to spend time with Staci, since I hadn't seen her since the wedding. It sure would be fun to all live closer together (for me anyway:)

Your new home is beautiful! Thanks again for letting us stay there and for taking such good care of us!

Fred and Carolyn said...

Estas três moças (talvez tenho de dizer duas moças e uma senhorita)são as mais bonias no mondo!!