Sunday, January 25, 2009

miracles and blessings

it seems like most of my thoughts and conversations the weekend have been concerning my aunt eja and her family. on thursday they (my aunt, three of her daughters...stacey, jennifer, and trisha, a granddaughter...carlee, and my grandma) were driving from idaho falls to slc with the intentions of flying out to arizona the next day for a sunny vacation. but, just after they hit utah their car met a patch of ice, spun out of control and rolled.

what could have been a MAJOR tragedy for this family turned into a miracle. most of them walked away with minor injuries, including my ninety year old grandma! most of them were hospitalized over night but have since been released. my thoughts are still with them in their recovery and pain.

my aunt eja was the unfortunate one. both her lungs were punctured, several ribs were broken, a damaged kidney, a portion of her liver was torn, and a compression fracture in her lumbar spine. she has had two surgeries and they have had her in an induced coma since. and in order to help her recover they are keeping in her in an induced coma for the next several days.

the doctors are optimistic! and we feel so blessed that she is recovering. what a miracle that she is still with us and fighting so hard. today, especially, she has been in my thought and prayers...and if you feel so inclined we could use your thoughts and prayers as well.

also, a blog has been set-up where you can read about her recovery and also make a donation to help in this long financial road ahead of her. http://ejaallen.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Miki said...

I remember reading this on Elena's blog (it's just not fair sometimes being related)...but anyhow, it's good to hear updates. Thanks for the web address.

She really had so many things happen to her...almost every major part of her body was affected...lungs, spine, liver, kidney. I'm praying for her...