Monday, February 02, 2009

owen...i mean wesley, the bookworm

houston, we have a problem! so...anytime wesley sees a picture of himself, or anytime we ask wesley what his name is he proudly points to himself and says..."OWEN!". he has been doing this for well over a month. should i be concerned? i was telling my parents about this and they told me when my oldest brother, jarom, was just a toddler he would tell everyone that his name was "katie" (my oldest sister) and he turned out okay. although, it did almost drive my dad out of his mind!


on a lighter note, wesley has become quite the bookworm. he has two books that he keeps on his bed and requests that i read them to him before his nap and before bedtime (love you forever and red or blue, i like you!). then, he looks at the books until he falls asleep (usually with the book covering his face). if he wakes up in the middle of the night he will come into our room holding ALL of his blankets (he sleeps with three) and both of his books and he will usually lie down by me while he looks through the books until he falls back to sleep. so cute!

today he cleared out the section where i keep some of their books and created a little reading nook. i had to grab a picture and blog about it. things i don't want to forget about our little wes.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Elena said...

LOL! Yes, Jarom turned out okay. So funny. Poor Alyssa thought her name was "you", cause everytime I pointed at her pictures or reflection I'd say, "It's You!". So when asked who was in the picture, she'd reply with, "you".

Kristy said...

My oldest is a bookworm also and I love it! She could be caught almost anywhere just reading her books when she was little. Wes is so darn cute...hopefully he keeps on loving books:)

Rafa and Rosanne said...

Wes is so cute!! I love when I am there and he always likes to go get books and brings them over to be read. He is so funny, i like his little reading nook! :) Can't wait to see you guys next weekend.