Sunday, November 30, 2008

thanksgiving break


i know...this is a long over due post (that isn't a birthday post)! thanksgiving break was full of family, food, and fun. and i am EXHAUSTED!

kevin's sisters, rosanne and staci (and staci's husband kyle) spent the holiday weekend with us. it was fun having them around.

thursday morning amber (sister-in-law), nat (sister), and i went and did the run to feed the hungry 5k race. the weather was pretty tolerable and there was an awesome turn-out. so good that they didn't have enough shirts or race packets which was pretty disappointing, but we still had a good time.
me, amber, and nat

then, we enjoyed a nice and fairly quiet thanksgiving dinner at my parents house. this year it was just my little family (plus rosanne), ben and his family, my parents, nat, and my grandma freidenberger. the food was DELICIOUS! and they boys were given these adorable hats which they actually enjoyed wearing. aren't they the cutest darn pilgrim and turkey?



wes and owen...thanks aunt rosanne for the new shirts!

friday we woke BEFORE the crack of dawn (4am) and went and braved some stores. we were really lucky and got everything on our lists. then we enjoyed a well-deserved breakfast at smitty's pancake house. YUMMY!

and, as soon as i got home friday it was time to put thanksgiving away and pull out the christmas decorations. i let owen decorate the little tree in his room and this is his masterpiece. i am sure you can tell which ornaments i placed on the tree and which ones owen did. i love how he groups things by color. funny little man.



hope you all had a great thanksgiving!




4 comments:

Lisa said...

sounds like you had a fun thanksgiving! wow...a 5K race! I wanna run one of those one of these days. I haven't been running in forever, but I sure loved track in high school. anyway, can't wait to see you guys (and that new house of yours) this weekend! oh, and P.S. your pictures for this post aren't working ;(

Unknown said...

That sounds like a grand Thanksgiving. Your running always makes me want to do it with you, but I am slightly lazy and I don't live by you! :)

Lisa said...

Your boys are adorable! I love Owen's tree! Sounds like you guys were way busy - just like us. Sorry we didn't get together. Maybe sometime that's not a holiday. :)

Elise said...

Owen's tree is so dang sweet!! I love it! Next year, I'll run that 5K with you-- you're doing it again, right? :)