Saturday, October 11, 2008

oktoberfest

this afternoon my family gathered together for the byu football game. but, before the game my mom suggested we have our very own oktoberfest (to honor the german blood in our family)!

so, we each showed up with a german dish and enjoyed some good food (it's what we do best)!

mom made her famous bierocks
elena made frikadelins with sauerkraut
amber brought haagen-dazs ice cream
i brought german hot potato salad
kaylin brought brownies
emily brought german chocolate cupcakes and the beer...rootbeer of course!



cheers!


emily enjoying some german cuisine.

we were all so busy eating we barely noticed mom had disappeared to make a costume change! (: yes, we all died laughing! you gotta love her energy and effort! she makes every event unforgetable! thanks mom!


mom: "it's authentic!"


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Elena said...

LOL!!!!! I LOVE it! Such fun, and yes, she was the highlight of the Oktoberfest.

Miki said...

HEY!!! You drinkers you...of awesome Root Beer! Oh man, that stuff is good. BYU won today...and I picked them to win! Go BYU! It's in my top two of team favorites...and don't ask me their coaches names or any players. I haven't a clue.

Anyway, Oktoberfest looked like a success. Mmmmmmm....yummy oktoberfest.

The Wright Family said...

That is hilarious. It looks like you guys always have so much fun and know how to celebrate!

Camille said...

Your mom is so funny! I just love it! I wish we were closer so we could enjoy your company more!

Unknown said...

That is classic! Your mom is hilarious and what a fun party.

Brandon and Emily said...

It was a great time! And we definitely need to get together SOON to start our cute crafts!