Sunday, October 05, 2008

general conference weekend

first weekend in october means road trip, general conference, and family!

friday we went to logan, ut to stay with my sister and her family for the weekend. friday night the boys (my dad, chris, kevin, brandon, ben, and two of chris's buddies) went to the byu vs utah state football game while the ladies (katie, myself, emily, and kaylin) went to a movie and then out for dessert.

saturday morning we watched the first session of general conference (it's a televised broadcast the lds church does semi-annually...click here for more information) and then braved my nieces soccer game in the POURING rain...which her team won 3-0! alex assisted two and made one. good job alex!

then chris and kevin went to the priesthood session (a satelite broadcast the lds church does semi-annually for the men) at chris's stake center. afterwards katie, nat, and i met up with them at chili's for some warm, yummy food (and it was STILL POURING RAIN).

sunday we laid around at katie's and watched the 3rd and 4th sessions of the conference (well, as much as you can with seven kids) and had a yummy breakfast and an even better lunch! in between sessions i went to the hospital to meet my best friends newest addition! elise just happened to have her little baby three weeks early while i was town! LUCKY ME! it was so great to see her and meet her fresh-from-heaven baby...neil christian hansen. PRECIOUS!



and then, we were on our way back home! i can't believe how quickly our weekend passed by. now we are back home and ready to start a new week. hope you all enjoyed a fun weekend!

i only took two pictures this weekend so i should include both. this is how we found wesley when we returned home from our date saturday night! he sure knows how to relax! funny little man!



p.s. sami-thanks for watching our boys while we played hard this weekend! you sure racked in the favorite niece and cousin points!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Elena said...

Ohhhhh...look at all of Neil's hair! So precious. I can't believe she had him already. And didn't you say in your guess as to when, that you'd like him to come this weekend? I guess you're the winner. Sad we missed out on all the family fun. Sounds like it was a nice weekend.

Miki said...

I can so relate to missing out on parts of conference due to the little 'ens.

You're also such a girl. Your hubby went to the game...and you caught a movie and dessert! Now that's a good marriage.

SueAnn said...

How lucky that you got to go see Elise and the baby! Sounds like a great weekend!

The Manwarings said...

Oh, I'm glad you guys had such a fun weekend. I wish we could be in two places at once. We'll have to plan something for another weekend.

Kristy said...

What a fun weekend! I love those kind, just hangin out with the fam. Glad you enjoyed!!

ckm said...

What a neat weekend! It is fun to catch up with you and your cute family.

Question, where do you find the icon for the "I belong" link? That is really neat! I would love one too!

Hugs
Corin

Manwaring Family said...

Hi Becky!
Finally getting caught up on your blog - you are the best blogger!! And you're so dang cute!! Looks like you've had a lot of fun recently :) I still think about you everyday as it get a "little" hectic - taking care of FIVE kids :) Whew!! I've also meant to email you, but since I'm here I'll just ask ... we want to take you and Kevin to dinner so look at your calendar and let me know a good time for you! (We have a standing babysitter on Fridays - FYI) Take care! Love, Joni