Wednesday, June 09, 2010

memorial day in malad

we spent memorial day in malad last month. one of my favorite traditions. i LOVE to visit old headstones with my relatives. it seems a new story is shared each time. on sunday afternoon we visited the cemeteries around idaho falls to visit those from my dad's side of the family. then monday morning we drove to malad and spent a good portion of our day there...picnicking, visiting, and playing with my mom's side of the family.



i loved the "mamma" and "father" headstones on the sides. these are the headstones of my grandma's grandparents, ralph and martha harding (right, mom?).


elena and carter

so glad the jarom manwarings were able to come this year. it would have been a VERY lonely group without them.


ralph and kathryn harding...my grandma's parents
i love all the beautiful flowers. mom said kathryn's favorite color was purple, so she is loving this arrangement.


great uncle ralph
my grandma's brother, who i was actually blessed to know.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Elena said...

Look at you blogging away! Great pictures. Owen cracks me up.