Tuesday, June 08, 2010

kevin's sprint triathlon



after the 20k bike race he hopped off the bike and did a 5k run. kevin finished the race in 1 hr 49 minutes. he was really hoping to finish it under 2 hrs...so he was pleased. we were all so proud of kevin and his dedication to training and completing this race! pretty sure i couldn't have done it. one little side note...see the race number on kevin's bike? owen insisted on having that number taped to his bike. so funny!

special thanks to his sister, staci, for spending that rainy morning outside with me and my three little ones while we watched!



kevin did the triathlon with his buddy from work, phil. here they both are after the race.



kevin has already started training again for the august race. stay tuned for a fitter, slimmer, and faster kevin!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wahoo Kevin!! Good luck on your next one.

Rafa and Rosanne said...

Congrats Kevin!! That is awesome. Some good motivation for me too to get back in the saddle and work out!

Aunt Betty said...

WAY TO GO KEVIN! THERE IS NOTHING BETTER FOR A PERSON THAN TO MEET THEIR PERSONAL CHALLENGES. SO HAPPY FOR YOU! YOU DID IT....BETTY

Elena said...

Go Kevin Go! That was so impressive!!

sjmiller said...

Way to go Kevin! I just finished my first sprint tri. about the same time he did his! I'm doing another one in Tahoe in September. I hear that once you do one, you are hooked. And, I guess I can say that is true! Congratulations to Kevin! And, I agree, the bike was the easier of the three (well, at least it was like that in mine.)