Wednesday, May 07, 2008

please!

i have to begin this post with a conversation from last night as we were sitting down to watch american idol.

me- (chanting) "go home jason! go home jason!"
owen-"no! jason doesn't want to go home!"
kevin-"who do you want to go home this week, owen? david cook, david archuletta, jason, or syesha?"
owen-"they have to sing first!"

he knows how it works! clown!

anyway, there was something weird about last nights american idol. i found myself wanting to fast forward (we watch it later on our dvr) because it was either boring or painful!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send poor jason castro home. every time he gets on the stage i feel like can't breathe because i am praying so hard that he doesn't mess up royally. and last night he was like watching a train wreck that i couldn't take my eyes off of. i was thankful and completley agreed with simon's simple response, "jason, pack your bags." nuff said.

david cook's song choices were both "weird for me" (doesn't that sound like something randy would say).

syesha was awesome and i loved how she got all emotional after randy's comments. i really felt like she put her whole soul into it (UNLIKE CASTRO).

david archuletta certainly is consistent. and loved how he stuck that "beautiful girls" part into stand by me. very clever. but, i don't get why everyone is ranting and raving over his elvis presley song. is it just me? i thought it was kind of boring.

i can't wait to hear what you all thought.

3 comments:

Elena said...

Well, he's officially gone. Are you relieved? (I still like him though, and I think he is shy and dorky, not on drugs. :) ) But now the fight is on. This should be exciting!

Caitlan said...

Haha poor Jason- we think he did it on purpose. When he sang "I shot the Sheriff" before he left Wednesday night, he seemed stoked to be done with this whole thing. And I didn't think the Elvis Presley song was that great either- I loved Stand by Me, but Love Me Tender was only so-so in my opinion. Haha woohoo American Idol!!

Brandon and Emily said...

Farewell my sad little wanna be Jamaican! Hallelujah!