Monday, August 08, 2011

iona stake girls camp at darby

about six months ago I was called to serve as a young women’s leader in my ward/church. I have enjoyed serving these young girls and it has brought back A LOT of memories from when I was in their shoes. the end of july we had our stake girls camp and I went and spent two of the five days with them. I’m so glad I did! I was able to get to know them on a whole different level and I admire them even more.







062 (2)







iona 10th ward young women







our theme for this stake girls camp was “walking a virtuous path back to our savior”. I love that the church is focusing so much on virtue with the youth. virtue really is a value that is so vital is a person’s life. if you live a virtuous life you WILL be happy and worthy to receive inspiration through the holy ghost. yet, it’s a value that is becoming obsolete in our day. it was great to spend two days surrounded by girls who are really striving to be virtuous!













darby is a church owned girls camp that is about 1.5 hrs away from iona. I drove up there BRIGHT and EARLY on thursday morning with two other leaders. we left at 5am so we could be there in time for the hikes.







I did moment hike with three of the girls from my ward.













067 (2)







don’t let this picture fool you, these girls were so much fun to be with. especially the three in the front row. they were the oldest and so sweet to all the other girls. we had a great time together.







083 (2)







the cave that we hiked up to







088 (2)







my “farkle” buddies. becca and erin.







090 (2)







jessica, michaela, and maryssa













094 (2)







our super fantastic ward camp director, tammy







106 (2)







darby has a “famous” slide that goes down a hill. it’s pretty steep and goes SUPER fast. I had a good time going down it with the girls whenever we had a free time.







110 (2)







morgan and aaron lowry (my neighbors and hiking buddies)







these sweet little girls (twins) did a special little ballet performance for us during a skit. they were so precious! it made me miss my kids REALLY BAD. (:







121 (2)







123 (2)







125 (2)













165 (2)







savannah s. and marlee







173 (2)







cute sharlee. one of our assistant camp directors made EACH girl a cute little tutu. they were just adorable in them.







174 (2)







savannah m.







176 (2)







I love this picture of sister davidson. our bishop’s wife, mia maid advisor, and an assistant stake camp director. she had every right to be tired! (:













178







sara and rylee







190







savannah playing “minute to win it”







206







crystal playing “minute to win it”







217







oh the fun we can have with tape! jessica, rylee, and sara







220







some of the leaders: julie, me, keersten, and diana

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like a way fun girls camp! I'm glad you had a good time. I've always wanted to be one of the lucky ladies in our ward that goes to girls camp. I have lots of good memories from girls camp. I loved the cup game. What's your favorite memory from your summers at girls camp?

Elena said...

Those girls are SO lucky to get to have Serena at camp with them. She is reason for SO MANY of my fondest YW memories. Great picturesa nad looks like you had a great time.

Unknown said...

You are a terrific leader! Girls camp is so fun and the best way to get to know the YW. They are lucky to have you. What a great week!