Wednesday, June 01, 2011

when we’re helping we’re happy

this week I am beginning to sense some of the extra joys that come with being a mother.




I started a chore chart and have assigned my little ones chores for the first time in their young lives. I have been dragging my feet on this because I felt like I would just have to redo everything they did which would defeat the purpose. but, I came to my senses and I cannot stop myself from smiling each morning when they wake up and start working.




now I know what I have been missing. they love feeling important, they are learning to work, and I love having things dusted, vacuumed, and wiped off every morning. even if it isn’t perfection…it’s still so rewarding! the cutest little workers I have ever seen. Smile




DSCN1405




I let madalyn loose with a dust cloth and a wash cloth each morning and she goes to town.







DSCN1416




this week wesley’s job is vacuuming and he couldn’t be prouder pushing that monster around.







DSCN1421




owen is in charge of wiping down the bathrooms each morning and said “this is so easy”. then he asked, “so, now what are YOU going to do?” LOL.







DSCN1424




no stone left unturned. she loves wiping things off.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Aww! how cute are they! I have plans to start a chore chart this week too! Thanks for the reminder. PS - have you ever read "The Parenting Breakthrough" by Merilee Boyack? It gives a breakdown of every type of chore children should be able to do at each age. Brilliant, I tell you!

Rafa and Rosanne said...

What good little helpers!

The Manwaring Family said...

Awesome! What ARE you going to do now? lol I'm sure you can think of plenty. My mom's chore charts had two sides(laminated and kept in the drawer of each room. One side was deep clean check list and the other side was fast clean checklist. We had to do the deep clean once a week and the other was everyday. It worked out great! Hopefully they keep the excitement for a long time!

Sherrie said...

That. Is. Cute!

Kunde Family said...

I can just hear owen asking you his question- I love his questions. Thats great that they are enjoying it! So cute!

Amber said...

Thanks to your great idea here, my kids have been doing chores this week too and it has been great. It's not perfect but they really can be helpful when they want to!

The Wright Family said...

That is awesome! I can't wait until Dallin is old enough to start doing hardcore cleaning! :)