Thursday, June 23, 2011

race

last weekend kev and I competed in the scenic river classic. kevin did the 10k run and brenda (my neighbor/friend/running partner)and i did the 5k.

IMG_0733

getting pumped up before the race. (; those are our game faces.

brenda has proven to be great running company. she helped me knock 6 minutes off my race time. (; we finished just seconds over 30 minutes and we were both pleased with the time. now we have even higher expectations for the next one.

 

IMG_0750

after the race

 

IMG_0754

kevin’s goal was to finish the 10k in 62 minutes and reached it with seconds to spare.

 

it was a fun race. looking forward to the next one.

11 comments:

Amber said...

Way to go Becky and Brenda!

Unknown said...

Awesome! You both are so inspiring and you look fantastic! Way to meet your goals.

Ryan and Melissa said...

Great job! I am running a 5K on the 4th of July. Keep running!

Steph said...

CONGRATS!!! Maybe next year I will join you :)

Aunt Betty said...

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH CHRIST JESUS, WHO GIVES US STRENGTH! I AM SO IMPRESSED BY YOUR MOTIVATION! CARRY ON!

Simply Living said...

I love that you and Brenda did that together. I have to admit that I shed a couple tears reading this, wishing I was with you guys.. But only a couple this time.. :) It will get better right?
I think that you are all amazing! You are one tough woman. Love you guys!

Kristy said...

Aaahhh...I so need to get back into running! I loved doing races...nice job on yours, what a great time:)

Brenda said...

Thanks for the motivation, I never would have done it without you. Lets do it again:) I have been missing our morning run, hopefully I will be all better soon.

Rafa and Rosanne said...

Great job! Can't wait to see you guys in a few more days!! :)

Kunde Family said...

I'm glad you found a new running buddy...but I wish I still was! Good job on the race!

Stephanie said...

Great time! It's always great to have a running partner.