Wednesday, March 02, 2011

nine years ago today...


nine years ago today i went on a blind date with this guy!



this was a TRUE blind date...which i think don't really exist anymore because you can basically look anyone up on facebook or blogs these days. back then we really had no idea what to expect.

i was talking to my best friend on the phone when he showed up and i remember telling her how hot he was. (; his car smelled like peach air fresheners and it was nice and clean...i'm sure he cleaned it especially for our date.

he took me to jaker's for dinner, a REALLY nice restaurant in idaho falls. then we drove to rexburg and attended a basketball game that his roommates were playing in. i left to go to the bathroom and almost never made it back in because i couldn't find my ticket.

he wanted to take me ice skating in rigby, but it was closed. so we drove back to idaho falls and went bowling instead.

i remember the date going by so fast, but we must have been out quite awhile. it was like neither one of us wanted it to end!

this picture was taken just about a month later...days before he was moving to ohio for the summer to sell alarm systems. i flew out to ohio in july and he proposed to me. four months later we were married!

what a difference a day makes! love you kevin!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaww!! That is a sweet story!! I didn't know that's how you guys met! How fun!:) I've never been on a blind date and I'm glad I won't have to ever go on one:)

Brandon and Emily said...

Brandon and I were set up on a blind date too! Blind dates do work!

Amber said...

What a great story!

The Manwaring Family said...

I third that REAL blind dates DO work! We went bowling on our first day too! Cute picture!

Elena said...

You guys look like babies here!! Wow! Such a fun memory. I had no idea it was on Carter's b-day.

Rafa and Rosanne said...

Yay!! So glad you guys had that blind date and I get you for a sister! Love you guys! :)

Lisa said...

I knew you two met on a blind date! That's so neat! Congrats on 9 years!

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Yay for blind dates!

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

I love it. Chad and I were a blind date too!! I thought before the date, that it was just another date. How wrong. I was married 4 months later too!!

AUNT BETTY said...

WOW, WHERE DOES TIME GO? I WILL NEVER FORGET YOUR WEDDING RECEPTION, IT WAS SO AWESOME, JUST LIKE YOU AND KEVIN! CONGRATULATIONS! LOOK HOW FAR YOU HAVE COME, SO COOL.....LOVE YOU!

Elise said...

Look at those tiny little kids!! I love that I was talking to you that night-- I'll never forget it. :) Cute, cute, cute. We love you guys!