Monday, January 31, 2011

a weekend not to be forgotten

this past weekend was the most anticipated weekend my family has had in a long time.

my parent's stake held their stake conference and elder jeffrey r. holland and elder gary walker were there to participate...and with my dad serving in the stake presidency he was asked to host elder walker at his home for the weekend.

we were able to hear my dad speak along side these great men. saturday night my dad introduced me and kevin to elder holland. elder holland gave me a hug, he said kind words about my dad and family, and then he told me and kevin to "be happy". we enjoyed a nice visit with elder walker saturday night at my parents home over pie. and sunday afternoon we were able to visit with elder walker over lunch at my parents home.

their words during these meetings, and the conversations with elder walker in my parents home were so touching and revealed so much to me! these men have devoted their entire lives to this truth and have sacrificed much to serve, teach, and inspire. and even amid all this sacrifice they are happiest men i know! i am SO thankful for their strength, their example, and their love!

a weekend not to be forgotten!

7 comments:

Anna said...

Becky, Thank you for this description of the past weekend. I was very proud to introduce and share my family with Elder Holland and Elder Walker. I am pleased that these types of experiences motivate you to write and share. You have a talent for this and more important, you have a desire to be appreciative. I love that about you. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

That is amazing!!! What an awesome weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How wonderful!!

Brandon and Emily said...

It was a perfect weekend! It was good to see you!!

Kunde Family said...

Wow! That is so neat that you guys got to personally meet Elder Holland and Elder Gary Walker. What a blessing!

Kristy said...

I am glad your family had such a great time. What a wonderful weekend and a wonderful blessing for our families.

Amber said...

Wow, that is really neat.