Monday, January 03, 2011

my resolutions for 2011



i am so excited for this new year. i love the decision making the months prior on what i would like to do better the next year. sure, every few months i am reevaluating myself and setting goals but goals at the beginning of the year are just more exciting to me.

so, here are some of my goals for 2011:

recycle and repurpose
learn to cut boy hair
focus on patience and gratitude
exercise 3x a week

i'm excited about these goals! i would appreciate any and all recycling and repurposing ideas. already (in the first 3 days of this year) i have increased my food storage by 3 gallons of water thanks to repurposing and have decreased my waste by DRASTIC measures. my garbage man is going to wonder what happened!

happy new year everyone!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

ckm said...

Great goals! I could work on those as well!

With cutting boy hair, I have learned that if I let it get long enough, John is grateful for any haircut I give him - I am getting much better after 20 years ;o) !

I discovered that the water I stored under my kids beds in the milk container quality cartons burst after 6 months or so. Be careful where you store them ... and if you put bleach in them too! Learn from my mistakes!!! I have been purchasing water in the thick plastic containers (thick like pop bottle liters ... maybe reuse those ... if you drink pop; we don't). I also need to refill our 50 gallon container since our move. Thanks for the reminder!

I can't wait to hear your other recycle/repurpose ideas. Maybe make a quilt out of old shirts/t-shirts. A picnic blanket out of old jeans. I want to do the t-shirt quilt for Julia for graduation.

becky ward said...

i did put bleach in them and i store them on the top shelf of my pantry (i only have 15 gallons right now). i read that you should replace the water every 6 months but i guess i will have to watch the container as well. it's just fun to find uses for these things...and i know a gallon of water will come in handy...some day. (;

The Wright Family said...

Good for you! Good luck! Hey I didn't know your little guy was the same age as mine! My little guy just went into sunbeams too!

The Manwaring Family said...

Wow! I'm impressed with your goal making! My new years resolutaion: maybe actually try making goals at the new year! :)

Elena said...

Go Becky!! You and your "rubbish". I so need to be bettter about this stuff. Maybe next year. :)