Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day

I don't know what it is about Memorial Day, but I feel like I look forward to the holiday more than most people. Maybe it's just the tradition that gets me so excited. We spend the holiday in Malad, ID every year. We go there because that is where most of my Grandma Freidenberger's family is buried (my Grandma also happens to live in Malad). I love seeing the cemeteries all decorated and colorful, and I enjoy the program that the Malad Cemetery puts on with musical numbers and the Veterans doing their gun salutes (and then watching all the little boys run to pick up the shells). But, its also a special day because my mom's side of the family gets together at a park nearby for food and an informal reunion. It's great to see all these relatives...but, it's even more fun to spend time with my siblings (that choose to attend...I won't point fingers)! We usually find ourselves in a game of kickball or softball after lunch. I have attached a few pictures of our outing this year and next year I will try a little harder to pull my camera out before most of the day is over (I hate when that happens!). Thanks for a great day family!



Dad in action; Amber, Ben, Megan, Ellie, Gabby, and Owen; Justin pitching with all the kids on the mound to support him; Ben with his pants rolled up; Owen guarding 2nd; Justin did an awesome face plant trying to catch the ball; Kevin in action; Kaylin and her adorable pregnant self; Katie in her skirt with sneakers on.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be your mother's daughter, I love Memorial Day in Malad also. thanks for your support! Love you, Mom.

Elena said...

Looks like lots of fun. (Better not be pointing fingers at me!) :P

Elise said...

You guys always have such a fun time together! What a fun day!