Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Owen's a big boy!

Yesterday was Owen's first night in his big boy bed! We knew we needed to get him into this bed before the new baby arrived, but we weren't planning on this soon. Kevin and I just couldn't wait to see Owen in his new bed so we tried it last night. We were so proud when we laid him down and he actually stayed in his bed. He slept all night long and even waited in his bed for us to come get him once he woke up. So tender! What a good boy!






He also got a big boy haircut this weekend, so I had to include a picture of how handsome he is.



Then, over the weekend Kevin insisted that "Owen" needed a basketball hoop in the house. So, after much begging, we went and bought Owen his first basketball hoop! Owen loves the new hoop (especially when Kevin pushes it close to the couch so he can dunk the balls) but he really had to fight for a chance to shot the ball. I must admit it is quite entertaining to see my two boys fight over the ball.



Owen loves playing with his new hoop AND the box it came in.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

sjmiller said...

Awww... soo sweet!

What a good boy to stay in his bed too! (My kids never did that!)

I love that Kevin wanted to get Owen a basketball hoop.. I have been in that situation many times. Nick does the same thing.

Looks like you guys are doing really well!

Elena said...

I love his haircut! What a great big kid! Why is it that they always love boxes better than anything?

Elise said...

Oh my goodness... a big boy bed!! I think I am trying to keep Gordon in baby-hood for way too long. Plus I don't trust him to stay in the bed! But Owen, so sweet!!!

I love the basketball hoop-- we need to add that to our shopping cart too!