Monday, March 18, 2013

my sewing project

my parents surprised me with a sewing machine for christmas. so, in january i started my first sewing project. i decided i would make quilts and pillows for maddy's little baby bunk bed.

it was a lot of fun going to the fabric store with my mom to pick out fabric, thread, scissors, and other accessories necessary for a novice sewer. madalyn was a thrilled to feel involved and a part of it all.

once i found a good day to pull it all out i finished the first blanket in a matter of days. then i lost my steam and took a long break. it's hard to find the time to pull it all out and dedicate the day to a project. but, once it's out it pretty easy to stay motivated. the next time i pulled it out and set up i finished the other quilt and two pillows all in one saturday. it was great. and maddy cheered me on the whole time.

since then i have made a couple holiday banners and i'm finding it all very fun and exciting.



aren't they so sweet all snuggled up? 

madalyn was thrilled with the finished product and just loves that these babies have a cozy bed to be tucked into.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rafa and Rosanne said...

Yay for sewing projects!! I too hate having to pull it all out each time...one day I hope to have someplace I can keep it all set up!