Tuesday, October 25, 2011

happy 33rd!

i celebrated my 33rd birthday over the weekend. it's hard to believe that i'm nearing my mid-thirties. i still see myself as being 25. oh well. age is just a number.

kevin took the day off work and treated me to a fantastic day.

madalyn was so excited to wake up to balloons and presents. she was convinced it was her birthday. the boys kept telling her it was mommy's birthday but she didn't believe them until dad told her. AND THEN...came the tears.


crocodile tears



they tried to keep her mind off it by giving her jobs to do. but she was still pretty sad when i woke up. i let her help me blow out the candle on my pancake and open presents. after she saw what they were she didn't care one bit. (;



my "spoils"



reading my birthday cards



opening the miniature presents the boys taped up for me. a rock and a very small piece of paper.



my new comfy outfit from kevin.



my new vera purse and wallet

after breakfast and presents we layed around and watched a movie in bed. it was great to not have to be anywhere and just relax together.

we went out and grabbed jimmy johns for lunch and drove to a park to eat it. the sun was shining but the wind was blowing so we didn't stay too long.

then it was back home for more relaxing until dinner time. then our neighbor, morgan, came and watched the kids while kev and i met up at texas roadhouse with my brothers and their wives for some dinner.

after dinner we came home and enjoyed cake and icecream with everyone.

i know...i ate all day long! but, what are birthdays for. (;


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad you had a great birthday! You sure got spoiled! Your new purse looks way nice. Poor Maddy and her crocodile tears :) My kids also LOVE celebrating birthdays. Next year, I'll be turning 30! I can't believe it! Sam says he's got BIG plans for my birthday. Can't wait!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday!! So weird to think that we're getting "so old"! I definitely don't feel like I'm that old and I don't SEE myself as old, but think about what you thought of your mom when she was our age! Yikes! :) Good thing 30 is the new 20. That means you're only 22, really! :)

Ryan and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great day! Cute pictures!

Brandon and Emily said...

Happy Birthday! You still look 25! It sounds like such a nice relaxing day. Glad you had a great day! P.s. Love the pic of Madalyn and her crocodile tears! Cute.

Elena said...

Love that you got a rock. How funny! And don't worry you don't look a day older than 21. ;)

Em said...

The picture of her with a big fat tear is adorable

Kunde Family said...

I'm am so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful birthday! I'm sorry we were there to help celebrate.. poor little maddy - so cute though.

Lisa said...

Happy Late Birthday!!! :) Glad you had a wonderful day!

Brenda said...

Glad you had a great day. I can't wait to see you actually wear some comfy pants:) Oh, its not a birthday, if you don't eat all day long.